Saturday 16 June 2012

Why do you exist?

This is a true story...

Because, I was there. Im a girl and Ive the urge to tell. If I'm wrong, remind me.

3 hours passed since she came to the labour room. As the labour progresses, her husband was invited. I saw in her eyes, hope for help. She cried, hubby, im in pain! For the lady in pain, being with your beloved in that greatest moment of pain was a lot of support.

I had seen lots of deliveries. I have existed in the delivery room for quite a number of times. There was the man who is romantic. Seeing wife in pain, he tried to look for solution. Even if he could not help to share or take away the pain, he was there. There, and being there is more than enough. Then there was that man who just could not care less. I told him, it was maghrib, and he should leave for prayer and to my dismay he left for the mall across the street. He was not there yet he existed. And there was the elderly couple. He was worried of recurrent stroke, and he had reason.  He existed, yet he sent his care. ensuring the PICs would take good care of his wife and child. He existed.

Yes, I'm judging people. This people are not really part of my life, they are merely lessons to learn from.

Then there was the other couple. I saw the lady, she was beautiful. not to mention her long straight hair. Her eyes were big, she was so malay looking, that i wont deny her of her beauty. She was cool. Had nothing to complaint of pain, until her husband walks in. I saw hope in her eyes, that someone she could trust was there to lend her help. 

I saw her holding his hands as a madam often do during labour. she grabbed his arms, strong, wishing that pain would flow through. " Kuat sangaaaattt nih!", he shouted. 

I was there. and of no help.

I told him. 'Leave, go sit at the end of the bed.'

The pain was worsening, she was unable to bear it. So I call the nurse, telling her. Maybe its time. 

Then she attempted delivery. The second part of labour. It was supposed to be the most painful part of labour. And she was trying but, not very successful. I was not surprised as this was her first delivery.

The husband was impatient. He was scary. I was wondering why he existed.

KUAT LAGI TERAN TUUU

KO NAK BABY TU MATI KAT SITU KE

KALAU BABY MATI, AKU TANAM KAU HIDUP-HIDUP.

He had no shame. The whole ward could hear his voice, he was louder than the most scariest of the staff nurse.


So then the labour proceeds. The fetal head was moulding and visible to all eyes present. It was the most exciting moment for me. There is nothing more pleasing than seeing a baby coming out and taking the first cry. It was all rainbows. It felt like gold coming out of mothers uterus. Even more precious than that, a LIFE. She was working hard. and this is when the most unacceptable thing happeneing in my life. And for me to say how gross it is.. the mind that imagine can never compare to the eyes that see.and the eyes that see, can never know the pain of what the body feels.

It was at the moment of pushing. The moment of extraordary pain that the husband slaps the wife. The head was straight and totally falls to the other side if the bed.

"Aku da hilang sabar dah ni!"

and he took out another punch aiming to the face, and not thinking twice... not at all.... 

It was soo horror that the eyes that witnessed, only had mouths to say, be patient, it is normal to be like this.

The matron came and tried to ask him to leave.

ADEK,   KO NAK HALAU AKU KE???. HALAU LA KALAU KAU BERANI!!!
SUKA HATI MAK BAPAK AKU LAH APA AKU NAK BUAT!!!!

There was tears in the eyes of his wife. 

Again I ask, why do you exist?

I saw pain, to wish i would not able to bear. A glimpse of hope, the help she sought turned into disaster.

Thus I decided to get involved. I took tha lady and told the man to stand and watch, otherwise leave.

I held her abdomen with one hand, and guarded her head with the other, teaching her how to push. 


The baby finally come out. He was immediately kicked out of the delivery room. NO matter what, the horror is still here, vivid in my memories



From Abu Hurairah r.a:

A man came to Rasulullah s.a.w and said,

O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship?

Rasulullah s.a.w said,
Your mother.

Then who?

Then your mother.

Then who?

Then your mother.

Then who?

Then your father.

(narrated by Bukhari, Muslim)


No comments: